If climbing is the challenge you desire, you have found the right offer. The most beautiful climbs of Piemonte, the legendary mountain tops of the Giro and the Tour, and the landscape of high mountains. Ride on the Alps from late May to September (due to weather conditions on the Alps).
• Accomodation in a modern and comfortable room
• Special breakfast buffet
• Dinner with local dishes from our Chef`s selection
• 1 Tasting dinner in the Marsaglia family cellar with 6 typical wines of Roero and 5 courses
• 4 guided daily group rides with a local Guide + 2 tours in the Alps, with van transfer and assistance included
• Daily laundry service for cycling clothes
• Pocket lunch on tours: fresh fruit, water and sandwiches
• After ride buffet with snacks and pizza
• Bike room, with exclusive access for cyclists
• Technogym wellness area, sauna and outdoor swimming pool
• Piedmont Bike Hotel cycling jersey by Santini
• Free wifi
Services avaliable on request: airport or railway station transfer, massage at the end of the ride, Pinarello or E-Bikes bikehire. On request more days on the Alps (2 are included in this package).
The 2035 meter-high climb of Sestriere is probably the most famous in Piemonte, both Tour de France and Giro d’Italia visited Sestreiere many times. Coppi won when the Tour de France first visited Sestriere in 1952, two days after the first ever summit finish at L’Alpe d’Huez. Claudio Chiappucci had an amazing day in the 1992 Tour de France to win in Sestriere. Miguel Indurain won a Giro stage on Sestriere and saved a Tour de France there. Lance Armstrong surprisingly won his first Tour mountain stage in Sestriere in 1999.
A narrow road and more than 30 hairpins to the Colle delle Finestre, one of the hardest climbs in Italy with the last 8km on unpaved roads. Recently introduced to the Giro d`Italia in 2005 but alredy an iconic climb to challenge.
Watch the GCN video climbing the Finestre.
Read the CYCLIST MAG issue 55 feature on the Finestre with us.
Recently on the Colle dell`Agnello - the 2016 Cima Coppi at the Giro - the Dutch Steven Kruijswijk had a spectacular crash into the snow on the descent to France. We use to challenge the Agnello departing at least from Casteldelfino where the ascent is 23 km long, the average percentage is 6.5% and the maximum slope is 15%. The altitude at the top is 2744 meters-high.
The most spectacular climb of Piemonte, the Colle del Nivolet, worth a little longer car approach to Locana and enjoy the Parco Gran Paradiso. Our van will help to bypass the 3,5km tunnel to the top at 2641 meters.
Read the CYCLIST MAG issue 66 feature on the Nivolet with us.
More climbs are also avaliable: Colle Fauniera, Colle della Lombarda, Colle della Scala, Colle del Moncenisio and Pratonevoso.
With a longer van approach (2 hours), also avaliable Col Izoard and Col Iseran in France.